baldurwinther
Hello,

My name is Baldur, I am fifthteen years old and a big fan of Wushu. I got into martial arts about two years ago. I was struggling a lot with knee problems, and have done so since I was about 10 years old.

I have tried the xie bu exercise and I think it does good for me. But I think that the power highkick exercise could help, if I found a good way to do it. I just have one concern: My knees keep cracking (like making the noise) if I place the "kick" higher than to hit an ankle. Should I set the kick a little higher and let it make a small craking noise or just keep it at ankle heght?

The fun thing is that I can do high taekwondo (snap) kicks without these problems, just because I can use the momentum rather than muscle strength.
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji
If you cannot kick high in slow motion than you have a problem in flexibility. If you use momentum rather than strength you may have higher risk to injure yourself. Keep stretching until you can reach the heigh without momentum. Cracking in the joints can be issue if the body is not used to sports - You are too young to have any problems so I would keep going until your joints become smoother. Eat and sleep healthy.
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
baldurwinther
Thank you Master Ziji! I will work more with my flexibility! What kind of sport are we talking about... Acrobatics, running, endurance, calm exercises? (Of course still wushu related like calm Wudang tai chi, acrobatic Shaolin drunken fist) Basic wushu training? (Like this: 
)
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzIj0cHIzda/
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
baldurwinther
Thank you Master Ziji. Now I know my goal!😁
Quote 0 0