Wizard
Before my studies in Nei Gong, and martial arts in general, I was attracted to the art of using hand-seals. (or mudras, if you prefer.) Namely the Kuji In system was my introduction. And I attribute this system with starting the path which eventually led me to Taoism. The ninja clans of Japan were of course famous for using a lot of these, but the origin can be traced all the way back to ancient Vedic cultures. The knowledge traveled from India, to China, then to the Tendai monks of ancient Japan. 

I have learned more than I can count right now, and they all have specific purposes. Some are for generating chi, while others direct the accumulated chi to specific areas. One of my favorites, is for sending chi to one's Thymus Gland. (see below) This gland is an essential endocrine gland, responsible for the production of mainly B and T-cells. It shrinks in size as we grow older, and eventually becomes dormant in adults. With the mentioned hand-seal, we can revitalize it and see noticeable results in our health. In theory, one could even combat cancer, because you could generate a surplus of T-cells that will hunt and destroy any radical cells. 

Probably one of the most effective hand-seals that I have learned is the Bagua hand-seal. (see below) It's a mysterious seal, for me, as there is not a lot of information about it. But I discovered it during my research of specifically Taoist mudras. 

Does anyone else practice any hand positions on a regular basis? If so, please share your thoughts, and perhaps your favorites and their applications. 

The following seal (Sha, #4 in Kuji In) is for increasing the efficiency of our Thymus Glands (healing of one's self and others)
--- Warning ---- One must have a surplus of chi before practicing this, lest you end up using your vital essence.  (you'll get incredibly hungry, tired and crabby) It is advised to practice the first three Kuji In seals, before spending considerable time with the later ones. I will post more on this system soon. 
IMG_1996.JPG 
IMG_2041.JPG 

Here is the Bagua Seal. My personal favorite! It's an anti-demonic seal that has many benefits such as: Breaking chi blockages, activating the Dantien, increasing ESP and probably more. 
IMG_2020.JPG 
------ if anyone knows more about this most excellent seal, please share. When I first learned it, and found out it was of Taoist origin, I knew Taoism was for me. It was a big reason why I decided that I will travel to Wudang. To learn more seals and Kung Fu!

May the Force be with You!
Quote 3 0
Master Ziji
Hello! Thank you for this information! Do you recognize health benefits from doing this? I'm aware that you posted the health benefits, I am more interested in what benefits you feel since you practice this and did something change for you, mentally or physically? Thanks!
Quote 0 0
James Ferguson
hi i m yas. just started qigong. hope to learn more. thanks
Quote 1 0
Wizard
Yes, I personally recognize health benefits from using these. Both mentally and physically. In more successful sessions, I have been able to feel a tightness around the Thymus gland using the first seal that I mentioned. It's also helped me gain a better understanding of the healing process as a whole, and also gain a sixth sense for what is going on inside my body. (Which is why this one is for 'Healing of one's self and others') As far as the second one, it too has a physical and mental effect on me, that is hard to pin-point. Which is why that one is still a bit of a mystery to me. Because it seems to send stagnant qi to the dantian, I would say it might also help in building up one's gaurdian qi (wei qi) after practicing for a certain period of time. 

One should have a good understanding and know the feelings of the three energies (Jing. Qi, and Shen) before they could effectively use the hand-seals in the message above, and feel effects after 1 session. 

But, the Kuji In system, which I've heard is popular in Taoist communities, is actually designed to train us to feel these energies and harness them. Which is why Seal 1 (Ren) is for feeling the energy, Seal 2 (Kyo) is for sending and manipulating the energy and then Seal 3 (Toh) would train us to store that energy, so that upon the practice of Seal 4 (Sha) we would have a surplus of qi to send to our Thymus, as well as the required physical strength (jing) and morale to do the work. (shen) Practicing Nei Gong and Gong Fu in addition, will of course greatly increase the effectiveness of these hand-seals.

I plan on posting a definitive guide for us on this system soon. There are 9 Seals total in Kuji In. 
Quote 2 0
Master Ziji
Thank you! Your effort is appreciated!
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.