Zaden81
Does anyone have any tips on how to tighten the sheath of a han style jian? Mine fits well, but if I were to actually wear it and, say, run or jump with it, it slips from the scabbard very easily. Maybe just some electrical tape to make it tighter?
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji
Where did you get this han style Jian? Usually, a good sword should be able to stay in the sheath even if you hold it upside down.
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
Zaden81
Through the online store here. It only stays in if I turn it to 45 or so degrees. Definitely not upside down.
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji
Which one?
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
Zaden81
The "Octahedral Han Dynasty Sugar Brown Tai Chi Jian | High Carbon Steel". Is there a way to correct it?
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji
Well, you cant have everything for 119$ - you get what you pay for basically - but the blade itself is good excellent. The materials of the fittings are alloy instead of brass - therefore the price. So the rest of the sword is much lighter compared to the blade - this is why is throwing your gravity center a little off and won't stay in your sheath. Besides, that its a good value for the price. There is no real fix for your issue since this kind of sword is supposed to be carried in a sword bag.
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
Zaden81
Master Ziji wrote:
Well, you cant have everything for 119$ - you get what you pay for basically - but the blade itself is good excellent. The materials of the fittings are alloy instead of brass - therefore the price. So the rest of the sword is much lighter compared to the blade - this is why is throwing your gravity center a little off and won't stay in your sheath. Besides, that its a good value for the price. There is no real fix for your issue since this kind of sword is supposed to be carried in a sword bag.

Thank you for the response. I actually managed, it seems, to fix it. In the end it was really easy and now stays in when upside down as it should. If anyone else runs into a similar problem I would be happy to share.
Quote 1 0