Davide Vecchi
Hi everybody,

in this video:
, around 14:35, Master Yuan Xiu Gang says - or at least he is translated to say - that Chi can be used to form "a shield". I'm wondering what that means more in detail, a shield in which sense. What would an external observer notice about it. Maybe it would be noticeable only if someone tried to strike through this shield ? Maybe it's just a metaphore to represent a deeper concept. Or maybe it's just a loose English translation of Master Yuan Xiu Gang's Chinese words ?
Quote 1 0
Master Ziji
Zhan Zhuang is generating this "shield" in form of preserving yourself. It will prevent sickness and all kind of changes around you. We had a student in our academy last travel 2017 - she did 2 months everyday Zhan Zhuang - she was the only one not getting sick. Emotionally you become stable with this shield you are talking about. It is fundamental to Daoists for preserving energy.
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
Davide Vecchi
Thanks Master Ziji,

then the translation made in that documentary is a disgrace.

Starting at 14:25, the translation is that Chi "can be applied by releasing it at the right moment. That's the first way. This use is the most common as it can form a shield. You can always release this energy at the right moment". I think he's talking about combat (the second way he mentions is about healing).

My guess is that it was difficult for the translators to render in English the meaning of the Chinese expression, so they came up with this energy shield thing which makes it sound like some sort of magic super power.
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji

Rugway told me: sdim1384.jpg 

There is no shield. The comment was not hard to translate either.
From 14:25

"... this is in the process of cultivating Qi. The process of cultivating, the aims, there are two practices. One practices to use (apply). Practice to use means when the power is focused to one point, let it come out explosive. This is practice to use. In the process of training some people practice more on this aspect. Another is to practice to nurture. Just means practice and it is nurtured."

Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 0 0
Master Ziji
I am also against the abstract use of the words used in this movie.
Best Wishes
Master Ziji
Quote 1 0